Merlynston Linear Park Development – Stage 2
Upgrades to the Merlynston Linear Parkland will continue with stage 2 funding allocated in Council's current capital works program.
The Merlynston Linear Parkland Development Plan was developed with the input of the Merlynston Sustainability Group and Melbourne Water, and was endorsed by Council in March 2015.
Planning for stage 2 is underway and proposes:
- A shade structure, barbecue, picnic table and drink fountain along side the Sanger Reserve playspace
- Demolition of the existing barbecue east of Guilfoyle Avenue
- Revegetation areas, new mulched areas with indigenous plants
- Fencing and other measures to reduce vehicle access, and
- Potential for an artist’s mural at Lily Street (subject to approval).
A plan of the proposed stage 2 works (PDF 2Mb) is available for viewing.
Works will commence in mid March 2017 and completion of stage 2 works is expected before the end of June 2017.
For further information please email Alli Coster Open Space Design and Development Unit or call 8311 4373.