Fraser Reserve play space upgrade
The play space at Fraser Reserve in Hopetoun Avenue, Brunswick West, is being upgraded this year as implementation of the Moreland Play Strategy continues.
A concept plan showing the proposed works has been developed for review by local residents and the wider community.
The proposal includes
- refurbishment of the existing play equipment
- a new basket swing
- improved safety with panel fencing along the street frontage adjacent to the play space
- a new nature play area including rocks and logs for stepping, clambering and balancing
- a new drink fountain
- refurbishment of existing furniture
- an additional picnic table
- garden beds rejuvenation and
- additional trees to increase shade and habitat value.
The final scope is subject to feedback and budget.
Consultation on the Draft Fraser Reserve Play Space Refurbishment Concept Plan (PDF 526Kb) closed on 3 April 2018.
We are now reviewing feedback and comments which will be considered in developing the final design.
Following consultation, works are planned to begin in April and be completed during June 2018.
- 9 March 2018: Project scope and concept design completed
- 16 March - 3 April 2018: Community consultation and feedback
- 10 April 2018: Final design
- 16 April - 11 June 2018: Procurement and construction
- June 2018: Works complete
Contact Council Open Space Design on 8311 4300 or email Open Space if you have a query or require further information.