Gordon Street, Coburg - Road reconstruction works
Council has completed the reconstruction of Gordon Street, Coburg between Bell Street and Munro Street.
The works comprised of the following:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Installation of three speed humps to reduce speed and through traffic along the street.
- Relaying the existing bluestone kerb and channel along the new alignment so as to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties.
- Excavation of the existing road pavement and laying of a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings.
- Total length: 390 metres.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $750,000
- Construction began in March 2016
- Construction completed in September 2016