Morgan Court, Glenroy public space
Morgan Court is the central public space in the Glenroy Major Activity Centre. This project explores how it could transform Morgan Court into a space that is comfortable and fun to be in, a space to meet friends and hang out.
The project aims to:
- improve the overall presentation of the space and make sure the connection between Morgan Court and Pascoe Vale Road is better
- provide a variety of seating options, new paving and planting
- provide shelter from both wind and sun
- create opportunity for play and performance, and
- provide opportunity for activities that will attract people and create a sense of community.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $500,000 for the first stage of construction
- Project complete
Major stages of the project
Consultation - complete
A variety of conversations have been had with community groups and the general public currently using Morgan Court about what they value and how they would like to use Morgan Court in the future.
Members of the community were then invited to give their feedback on the Morgan Court Public Space Draft Design (PDF 3Mb) by completing an online survey, emailing or posting feedback. Feedback closed on 14 June 2013.
Design - complete
From the feedback Council received on the draft design, a final design for Morgan Court was developed.
Construction - complete
The construction of Morgan Court is now complete and open to the general public.
Morgan Court public space upgrade was launced on Thursday 26 November with live music, a sausage sizzle, and children's activities.
There are documents on this page in PDF-only format. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, contact Council and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. See Council's accessibility page for further details.