Kingsford Smith Ulm Reserve, Glenroy upgrade
The playspace at Kingsford Smith Ulm Reserve in Glenroy was selected for upgrade along with a new shared use path for the park, with funding for these projects allocated from Council’s capital works program.
A Draft Playspace Concept Plan (PDF 318Kb) was developed for the park including the new playspace and nature play area. These include:
- A new playspace to be constructed in place of the existing carpark, including combination unit with monkey bars, slide and cargo rope play, plus a double swing with ‘bird nest’ swing, as well as ‘egg’ carousel spinner and rocker play items
- Existing old play equipment replaced with a nature play area featuring boulders, tree trunks and log round steppers, plus an earth berm with rocks and native groundcovers in place of the steel mesh fencing around the perimeter
- Extensive shade tree planting in and around the playspace and nature play areas
- New steel framed park seats and picnic setting to replace old timber furniture
- Repairs to existing access road into the park and fresh gravel topping to road surface
- New timber and steel rail fencing with padlocked steel gate for service vehicle access in place of existing bollards and chain, to prevent unauthorised vehicle entry, and
- Connector path at the bottom of the street linking into the new shared use path.
Community consultation sessions were held in December 2015. People were invited to submit their feedback on the draft concept plans for the park and play space projects.
- Community information sessions - 12 and 15 December 2015
- Submit feedback to Council - due 4 January 2016
- Construction planned to commence - February 2016
- Project complete - June 2016
If you would like to receive more information on this project contact Council on 9240 1111 or email Open Space.
See Kingsford Smith Ulm Reserve for photos and park features.
There are documents on this page in PDF-only format. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, contact Council and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. See Council's accessibility page for further details.