Hall Street, Brunswick road reconstruction works
Council has completed the reconstruction of Hall Street, Brunswick between Hope Street and Newman Street.
Consultation with residents was undertaken during April 2015.
The works have comprised:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system, drainage pits and Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) rain gardens.
- Relaying the existing bluestone kerb and channel so as to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties.
- Excavation of the existing road pavement and laying of a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings.
- Constructing a nature strip along the street by narrowing the existing full width asphalt footpath on both sides of the road.
- Total length: 190 metres.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $406,700
- Construction start date: October 2015
- Construction end date: March 2016
Hall Street before and during reconstruction