Edward Street Reserve improvement, Fawkner
Edward Street Reserve was selected for upgrade in 2015 with funding allocated from Council’s Capital Works program.
The park upgrade included:
- New play equipment, including a climbing unit with slide, swings and a spinner
- Nature play elements include rocks and logs for balancing
- A new picnic table and seats
- Steel infill panels along front fence to restrict children running out to the street
- Garden beds with native plantings
- Drinking fountain, a bin, and
- Tree planting for shade.
A large portion of the park remains as grassed open space for informal play.
Budget and timelines
Construction: commenced early October
Construction complete: early November 2015
If you would like to receive more information on this project contact Council on 9240 1111 or email Open Space.
See Edward Street Reserve for photos and park features.
There are documents on this page in PDF-only format. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, contact Council and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. See Council's accessibility page for further details.