The Avenue, Coburg – Road reconstruction works
In 2016-17 Council reconstructed The Avenue, Coburg between De Carle Street and Barrow Street.
The works comprised:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits
- Reconstructing the existing bluestone kerb and channel. The levels will be altered to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties
- Reconstruction and narrowing of the road pavement to 9.8 metres, and laying a new asphalt road surface
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge
- Installation of rain gardens (landscaped garden beds that filter stormwater runoff from the roadway) to improve stormwater quality.
- Reinstatement of nature strips
- Total length: 335 m
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $1,048,000.
- Construction start date: December 2016
- Construction end date: June 2017
If you have an enquiry or would like further information about this project, please contact Council.