Michael Street, Brunswick shopping area
The purpose of the project is to improve the pedestrian amenity, safety, and overall presentation of Michael Street between Sydney Road and Saxon Street. Improvements delivered include:
- widening the footpath on the south side
- installing a threshold crossings along Sydney Road at Michael Street intersection
- installing bike parking
- constructing water senstive urban design elements including trees and rain gardens, and
- reconfiguring car parking on the south side.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: under $200,000
- Project completion date: May 2014
Major stages of the project
Design - complete
The documentation of the proposed design and the tender package is complete.
Tendering - complete
The project has been tendered.
Construction - complete
Construction of the project was completed in May 2014.