Anderson Road, Fawkner shopping strip
Anderson Road shopping strip in Fawkner is a project stemming from Council’s shopping strip renewal program.
This project has delivered improvements to the streetscape at the Anderson Road shopping strip in Fawkner including:
- Footpath reconstruction along with new paving, and new tree planting and garden beds, which will improve the look and feel of the shopping strip.
- New street furniture - seats, bins and bike hoops.
- New pedestrian crossing across Anderson Road and new raised crossings across Selola Court William Street, making it safer to walk around the shopping strip.
- A new disabled car parking bay on Anderson Road to improve disabled access.
- Introducing six parking bays in Selola Court William Street. The new pedestrian crossing will lead to loss of three car parks on Anderson Road resulting in an overall net gain of three parking spaces for the shopping strip.
- New rain gardens which will catch stormwater, treat it and improve its quality before it runs to Merri Creek.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $437500
- Completion date: June 2014
Major stages of the project
Consultation - complete
Consultation were held with businesses and residents in December 2012.
Design - complete
From the feedback Council received on the concept plan, a final design for Anderson Road shopping strip improvements (PDF 568Kb) was developed.
Construction - complete
The project was tendered in October 2013 and awarded in December 2013. Construction began in January 2014 and was completed in June 2014.
Anderson Road Fawkner launch 2014
The project, which was delivered in June 2014, improved the Anderson Road shopping strip in Fawkner including footpath reconstruction, new street furniture, new pedestrian crossings and rain gardens to catch and treat stormwater.
If you have an enquiry or would like further information about this project, please contact Council.
There are documents on this page in PDF-only format. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, contact Council and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. See Council's accessibility page for further details.