Belgrave Street, Coburg - Road reconstruction works
In 2015-16 Council reconstructed Belgrave Street, Coburg between Bell Street and Harding Street.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in August 2015.
The project is now complete - works commenced in early February 2016 and finished in June 2016.
The works comprised:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel. The levels will be altered to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties
- Laying a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge.
- Reinstatement of nature strips.
- Total length: 400 m
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $485,000
- Construction start date: February 2016
- Construction end date: June 2016
Photos during construction
If you have an enquiry or would like further information about this project, please contact Council.