Survey and census reports
Local Government Community Satisfaction Survey
The Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure conducts the Local Government Victoria Community Satisfaction Survey annually. This survey measures community satisfaction with local governments in Victoria.
Council's subscription to this survey includes the collection of data for Moreland Local Government Area (LGA) and reporting with comparisons made of other local governments in our region, as well as state averages.
- Moreland City Council Research Results 2017 (PDF 2Mb)
- Moreland City Council Research Results 2016 (PDF 2Mb)
- Moreland City Council Research Results 2015 (PDF 603Kb)
- Moreland City Council Research Results 2014 (PDF 1Mb)
- Moreland City Council Research Results 2013 (PDF 4Mb)
- Moreland City Council Research Results 2012 (PDF 5Mb)
Moreland Household Survey Report
The Moreland Household Survey was first conducted in 2011. It is a bi-annual survey of Moreland residents that captures demographic information and data relating resident behaviour and lifestyle. The survey was repeated again in 2013 and 2015.
- Moreland Household Survey Report 2015 (PDF 3Mb)
- Moreland Household Survey Report 2015 (DOC 4Mb)
- Moreland Household Survey Report 2013 (PDF 3Mb)
- Moreland Household Survey Report 2013 (DOC 4Mb)
- Moreland Household Survey Report 2011 (PDF 3Mb)
- Moreland Household Survey Report 2011 (DOC 2Mb)
Moreland Community Indicators Survey Report
Until 2010 the Community Indicators Survey was an annual survey of Moreland residents that captured community perceptions data about the social, economic and environmental state of Moreland.
In 2011 it was decided to hold a census-style household survey and carry out the Community Indicators Survey every second year.
Data is collected at a small area level and for a range of demographic characteristics to assist in local area planning and to identify issues.
- Community Indicators Survey Report 2016 (DOC 5Mb)
- Community Indicators Survey Report 2014 (DOC 26Mb)
- Community Indicators Survey Report 2012 (DOC 6Mb)
- Community Indicators Survey Report 2010 (DOC 2Mb)
- Community Indicators Survey Report 2009 (DOC 1Mb)
- Community Indicators Survey Report 2008 (DOC 4Mb)
Census maps of Moreland
Community Atlas for Moreland lets users produce maps of the 2011 Australian Bureau of Statistics Census of Population and Housing data for Moreland.
Census information of Moreland
Moreland Community Profile website has detailed statistical and demographic information about Moreland and its suburbs based on results from the latest Census and previous Censuses of Population and Housing. The site is updated with population estimates when the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) releases new figures.
Population and household forecasts of Moreland
Population and household forecasts for Moreland may be accessed via the links given below.
- Moreland population and household forecasts is commissioned by Council and provides forecasts at the level of suburbs
- State government population and household forecasts is produced by the State government.
Any differences between the resulting figures are essentially due to differences in the respective methodologies.
There are documents on this page in PDF-only format. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, contact Council and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. See Council's accessibility page for further details.