Environmental health fine payment
Council issues environmental health fines for breaches of state legislation.
- Pay an environmental health fine online with a Visa or MasterCard.
- You need the 'Infringement number' located on your notice.
You must pay the whole fine and not just a partial amount.
You cannot pay the fine if the fine has been referred to the courts for prosecution.
You can register as a user and sign in to Council Online Services to access My Accounts. As a registered user, you can keep track of requests and applications on any device and don't need to re-enter your personal information.
Other ways to pay
Pay by phone
Pay an environmental health fine with a Visa or MasterCard over the phone 24 hours using Council's secure automated system.
- Phone 9240 1111 and press 1 to make a payment. Then press 1 to pay 'fines and infringements' and follow the voice prompts.
- You will need to provide the 'Infringement number' located on your notice and your Visa or MasterCard number details.
Pay by post
- Separate the payment slip at the bottom of the notice and mail it with your cheque or money order to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058, before the due date.
- Make the cheque or money order payable to ‘Moreland City Council’ and cross it 'Not negotiable'. Do not include cash in the mail.
Council does not provide a receipt for payments received by mail. Keep the top section of the notice for your records.
Pay in person
- Bring your notice to a Council Customer Service Centre before the due date.
- You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order and cash. The minimum payment for all card transactions is $10 and there is no cash out facility.