Asset protection fine payment
Asset protection fines are issued for breaches of Council's local laws.
- Pay an asset protection fine through the Council website by Visa or MasterCard.
- You need the 'Infringement number' located on your notice.
You must pay the whole fine and not just a partial amount.
You cannot pay the fine if the fine has been referred to the courts for prosecution.
Pay by phone
Pay an asset protection fine with a Visa or MasterCard over the phone 24 hours using Council's secure automated system.
- Phone 9240 1111 and press 1 to make a payment. Then press 1 to pay 'fines and infringements' and follow the voice prompts.
- You will need to provide the 'Infringement number' located on your notice and your Visa or MasterCard number details.
Pay by post
- Separate the payment slip at the bottom of the notice and mail it with your cheque or money order to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058, before the due date.
- Make the cheque or money order payable to ‘Moreland City Council’ and cross it 'Not negotiable'. Do not include cash in the mail.
Council does not provide a receipt for payments received by mail. Keep the top section of the notice for your records.
Pay in person
- Bring your notice to a Council Customer Service Centre before the due date. You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order and cash. The minimum payment for all card transactions is $10 and there is no cash out facility.