Fireworks permit

Council does not approve or issue permits for fireworks.

A pyrotechnician license from WorkSafe Victoria is required to legally store, sell or discharge fireworks in Victoria. Visit fireworks on Worksafe Victoria for application requirements.

Moreland Council, Worksafe Victoria and the fire authority are notified in advance by a pyrotechnics company of a fireworks display taking place in the municipality.

Report illegal fireworks

To report illegal use of fireworks contact Victoria Police if the matter is urgent, or Worksafe Victoria on 1800 136 089.

Fireworks are banned from use by the general public as they can cause serious injury and even death.

Fines apply for possession or discharge of illegal fireworks.