Improving road safety in Coburg
VicRoads are introducing a 40km/h speed limit and improving road safety in one of Coburg’s busiest areas to help save lives and prevent injuries.
Bell Street and Sydney Road attract high numbers of pedestrians, cyclists and cars.
To help save lives and prevent injuries, VicRoads are introducing a safer speed of 40km/h along sections of Bell Street and Sydney Road.
You’ll also notice:
- raised entry platforms on side roads to help people safely cross the road
- a permanent 40km/h speed limit on a number of local roads south of Bell Street
- a new on-road bicycle lane on Sydney Road northbound between Urquhart Road and Ohea Road to separate cyclists from vehicles
- formalised on-road parking southbound on Sydney Road
- refreshed pavement surface and line-marking to improve skid resistance and lane positioning.
Visit the VicRoads project page for more information and detailed maps.
Have your say
VicRoads are seeking feedback from local residents, traders and road users about how they can best manage a safer speed along these sections of Bell Street and Sydney Road, which best fits the needs of the area.
Share your thoughts about when the 40km/h safer speed should operate. The current options are:
- Between 7 am and 7 pm
- Between 7 am and 12 midnight.