Fleming Park Master Plan Refresh - community reference group
Council is seeking expressions of interest for the Fleming Park community reference group to guide and provide local advice on the refresh of the Fleming Park Master Plan.
The Fleming Park Master Plan refresh working group will provide a forum for Council to engage and gain feedback from a core group of community members.
This group will provide an opportunity to check in on the findings, and direction taken, in the master plan refresh process.
The working group will form a conduit between Council and the local community to discuss issues and opportunities to form recommendations for presentation to Council.
All applications received will be assessed by Council Officers against the selection criteria below, and Officers will aim to achieve a mix of skills and interests across the group.
Submissions for nominees close on Thursday 24 August 2017.
All applicants will be notified via email of the outcome by Tuesday 29 August 2017.
Based on the limited size of the reference group, any applicants that are not successful in their application will be encouraged to engage in the project through the consultation and engagement component of the Master Plan Refresh.
The following selection criteria will be used to select the Working Group members.
- Have a current form of involvement in the activities and use of Fleming Park (i.e. local resident / general park user / community group or sporting club user of the park)
- Have an interest in examining future plans for the Park, being able to objectively consider:
- Current and future community needs
- Council’s overall financial sustainability and capacity to deliver recommendations
- Be able to commit the time to prepare for and attend meetings, as scheduled
- Possess a willingness to contribute positively to meetings, listen to diverse opinions and be willing to approach matters with an open mind to help determine shared outcomes
- Demonstrate their ability to represent the interests of their representative stakeholder group (residents / users) and provide feedback to the community.
Online application form
Six meetings will be held (once per month); aiming for the first Tuesday of the month, where possible, between 6.30 and 8 pm. Location TBC (either Fleming Park or Brunswick Town Hall).
|Proposed date||Purpose / outcome|
|Tuesday 5 September 2017||
Working Group introductions. Project outline, Governance and proposed consultation
|Tuesday 3 October 2017||Discussion on data collected to date; project background / site analysis / community infrastructure assessment, consultation themes|
|Thursday 9 November 2017||Update on data collected to date / preliminary assessment of themes|
|Tuesday 5 December 2017||Preliminary drafting of master plan and discussion of ideas and options based on evidence base collected through the process|
|Tuesday 16 January 2018||Discuss draft master plan and recommended direction / project and investment priorities and estimated costs|
|Tuesday 6 February 2018||Project and Working Group wrap up – advise of next steps and implementation|
For more information please call 9240 1111.