Chat with the Mayor
As your Council we are committed to communicating and interacting with our residents, including listening to your concerns and ideas and sharing information about important issues that will shape the future of our community.
Chat with the Mayor is great opportunity for you to actively engage with your Mayor, find out more about Council services and share your ideas about how we can all make Moreland an even better place to live.
How to join the Facebook live chat
Login to Facebook and visit the Moreland Facebook page to participate in the live chat.
The live chat is moderated by Council staff.
Upcoming Chats with the Mayor
No upcoming events were found. You can search the events calendar to find other events.
If the Mayor is unable to answer your question immediately, you can email the Mayor who will respond or direct it to the relevant Council staff to follow up and email a response.
Following each live chat session, the key issues, questions and answers will be available on this page.
Chat with the Mayor rules
It is important to note that this is a public forum and that there are some basic rules for online behaviour.
Participants that do not follow these rules may be subject to having their posts deleted and be permanently excluded from participating in future chats.
It is important that you:
- State your question clearly, be specific and provide details
- Give the Mayor time to answer your question
- Be civil and respectful towards the Mayor and other participants
- Do not spam or flood the chat with repeated questions, statements, advertisements, promotions or links
- Do not discuss any illegal activity or threats of violence, and
- Do not use explicit, racist, obscene or vulgar language, images or messages.
Past Chats with the Mayor
15 March 2017
The Chat with the Mayor Helen Davidson discussion on 15 March 2017 (DOC 36Kb) included questions about Pentridge, the Council Plan, level crossing removals and public toilets.