Rate payment due dates
Rates instalment due dates
Moreland residents are required to pay their rates and charges for the 2016-17 rating year in four instalments.
Instalment due dates are set by the Minister for Local Government in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989.
- Instalment 1 payable by 30 September 2016
- Instalment 2 payable by 30 November 2016
- Instalment 3 payable by 28 February 2017
- Instalment 4 payable by 31 May 2017
If an instalment falls on a public holiday or weekend, the instalment is due and payable on the next working day.
Council issues instalment reminder notices 14 days before each instalment due date.
Direct debit dates
There are two direct debit payment options:
- Four quarterly rate instalment payments are deducted from your nominated bank account on the four instalment due dates listed above or
- Spread your rate payments over 10 monthly deductions. Monthly payments are deducted from your nominated bank account on the 15th of each month. The 10 month period starts on 15 September and ends on 15 June each year.
Visit how to pay your rates for details on how to nominate direct debit as your preferred payment option.
If you have already registered for direct debit, you do not need to reapply. Your direct debit arrangements continue until you notify Council.